Lecturer at the Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle
Macroecology of aquatic communities, response to global change
Lab. Macroecology & Biodiversity, UMR 7208 BOREA Aquatic Organisms and Ecosystems Biology
Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle, Paris, France
Current funded projects
- Project REPCCOAI: Response of the Pelagic Ecosystem to Climate Change in the Indian Austral Ocean PIs: Philippe Koubbi & Jean-Yves Toullec
- Project Labex 2017-2018: Valuing natural history collections and naturalist expeditions for the conservation and management of deep sea habitats: the Tropical Deep Sea Benthos program. PIs: Sarah Samadi, Boris Leroy & Maud Mouchet.
- Project Labex 2017-2018: New biodiversity indicators based on phylogenetic originality and species extinction probability: identification of HEDGE and LEDGE species. PIs: Sandrine Pavoine & Boris Leroy
- Project ANR-FEM TROPHIK 2016-2019: Ecosystemic approach of Renewable Marine Energies: Modelling the role of offshore windfarms in modifying coastal trophic network functionning and cumulated impacts of other drivers of change. PI: Nathalie Niquil
- WP 2 of Biodiversa 2017-2019: « Between Scylla and Charybdis – managing connectivity for freshwater fish ». PI: Göran Englund.
- 22 publications in international peer-reviewed journals with impact factor
- 2 R packages published on the Comprehensive R Archive Network
- Lead Author for the International Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES), deliverable 2b Regional assessment on biodiversity and ecosystem services, Europe and Central Asia.
- Responsible of the PhD training course (3 days) ‘Species Distribution Models and Climate Change’ at the Museum National d’Histoire Naturelle doctoral school.
- Co-responsible with Maud Mouchet of the PhD training course (5 days) ‘Introduction to Biogeography: Concepts and Methods’ at the Museum National d’Histoire Naturelle doctoral school.
- Teaching activities in the masters of the Museum National d’Histoire Naturelle and Université Pierre & Marie Curie.
- Tarek Hattab, Ecological niche modelling of coastal marine communities. Post-doctoral project, co-supervised with Grégory Beaugrand.
- Thierry Jouhanique, Sensitivity of engineer species of the Seine bay to Climate Change. Master’s degree, University of Paris Sud XI, co-supervised with Tarek Hattab.
- Claire Godet, Biogeography of the pelagic ecosystem of the Indian Austral Ocean. Master’s degree, University Pierre & Marie Curie, co-supervised with Marine Robuchon and Cédric Cotté.
- Marius Delorne, Predictive modelling of gasteropod communities and development of ecological indicators for intertidal rocky habitats on the basis of citizen science programs. Master’s degree, University of Nice, co-supervised with Marine Robuchon, Eric Feunteun and Tristan Dimeglio.
- Valentina Cima, “Modelling the geographic distribution of patrimonial species in France”. Master’s degree, Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle, 2016, co-supervised with Isabelle Witté.
- Chéïma Barhoumi, “Can similarity metrics be suitable for evaluating species distribution models?”. Master’s degree, University of Paris Sud XI, 2016, co-supervised with Morgane Barbet-Massin.
- Emilien Giraud, “Impacts of non native species on the delineation of freshwater fish biogeographic regions at the global scale”. Master’s degree, University of Rouen, 2016.
- Robin Delsol,”Analysis of species distribution models predictions using virtual species in the context of climate change”. Master’s degree, University of Rennes 1, 2015, co-supervised with Céline Bellard & Franck Courchamp.
Ecology Letters, Global Ecology & Biogeography, Journal of Applied Ecology, Diversity & Distributions, Ecography, Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, Journal of Insect Conservation, Ecology & Evolution, African Journal of Ecology, Science China Life Sciences, Arachnologische Mitteilungen, PLoS one.
- 2009-2012 : Ph.D. thesis, University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France
- 2007-2009 : Master of science Biodiversity, Ecology, Evolution, University of Montpellier 2, Montpellier, France
- 2004-2007 : Licence in Organism biology, University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France
- 2002-2004 : French two year’s degree in chemistry and physics, University du Littoral-Côte d’Opale, Calais, France
Jan. – Sep. 2014: Post-doctoral fellow, Univ. Paris XI
Climate change impacts on economically important invasive insects, supervised by F. Courchamp, UMR 8079 Ecology, Systematics & Evolution, Team Population & Community Ecology, University Paris XI South
2013 : Postdoctoral contracts for research & teaching
Biodiversity response (terrestrial & marine communities, invasive species) to environmental changes, Biodiversity et Territory Management Laboratory, Campus de Beaulieu, University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France
Using biodiversity databases for the conservation of invertebrate taxa: Assemblage-level indices of rarity and species distribution models, Ph.D. publicly defended the 12th of December, 2012; summa cum laude. Supervised by Frédéric Ysnel (Lecturer, University of Rennes 1) and Alain Canard (Professor, University of Rennes 1) at Biodiversity & Territory Management Lab., Campus de Beaulieu, University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France.
Pr. E. Feunteun, Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle, Dinard, France. (President)
Pr. M. Dufrêne, Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgique. (Referee)
Dr. P. Jay-Robert, Centre d’Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive, Montpellier, France. (Referee)
Dr. R. Julliard, Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle, Paris, France. (Examiner)
Dr. A.P. Møller, Université de Paris Sud, Orsay, France. (Examiner)
Dr. A.S.L. Rodrigues, Centre d’Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive, Montpellier, France. (Examiner)
Dr. F. Ysnel, Université de Rennes 1, Rennes, France. (Advisor)
Pr. A. Canard, Université de Rennes 1, Rennes, France. (Co-advisor)
M. L. Poncet, Service du Patrimoine Naturel, MNHN, Paris, France. (Invited member)